Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

F.R.I.E.N.D.S



This post is dedicated to my friends. Not just friends. But Close Friends.






Though that they were in my life for just a mere 3 years. I believe that it's quite enough time to see who should be deemed close, who should just regard as. junk.






Close Friend, can only be deem by you yourself. No one should be able to tell you who are your close friends,who shouldn't. Afterall, they are not you. I find it disturbing when I hear people say, I always thought I'm your best friend. or say, I always thought I'm your true friend.






Who are the True Friends/Best Friends. They are those who know in their heart yet there's no need for confirmation. They are those that who dont ask anything in return after doing you a favor. They are those. who sacrifices.


How long does true friend last? No one ever knows. Some people says marriage last forever. But divorce comes in. There's no such thing as divorce for friendship. There's only a term called, "Drift".









Drifting apart is when we get too caught up with our own family, love relationships or work. That's when we start to lose contact with one another. Besides this, True friends most probably know your character and behavior and tend to be able to predict what are you gonna do. Yet, we dont like to be predictable to others sometime.


Hence, we will start to find new friends to find freshness.

In this world where money, status and lust dominate, it's rare to find a true relationship built on nothing but care and love. People are too busy realising their dreams but in the end, they find themselves alone with other loners. Whilst those who took a step back and not join in the rat race came to realised that what they had, was much more than just money and status.








I just want to take this opportunity, to thank the 3 of my friends. Not just friends, But Close friends for giving endlessly to this friendship and relationship of ours. And I regret for not giving as much because I am one of those in the rat race. Slowing down may not be a choice for me but I will definately cherish this relationship that we had and will have. Thank you.

J.M.K.






Jaron, Ming, Kai.





You 3 have been a wonderful friends of mine for the past 3 years and its been a meaningful journey with you guys. Maturing and understanding life together was the greatest joy and lesson that I had and we shared. Thank you for everything.

May our relationship be like the fireworks as beautiful and full of colors but not as shortlived =)


- JJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To: JJ, Ming and Kai

Time flies. Or rather, it appears to have passed so quickly only when you are looking back. (it certainly is a drag during exam time isn’t it?)

To me, it doesn’t matter how fast/slow time passes but how the time was spent. In my unexciting secondary school days I felt my time in primary school was the best. However, that view changed when I came to poly.

Why?

Because I had a great time with my even-greater friends – Kai, JJ and Ming. Thank you for making my poly days the BEST in my life!!!

It seems only yesterday that I got to know you guys. The wonderful memories of our first days together are still vivid in my mind. I remember talking about Generals with JJ, squeezing under an umbrella with Kai when watching a soccer game under the hot sun and talking so much crap with Ming.

I remember the presentations we did together and the silly mistakes we all made. Ahh and not forgetting running around school throwing cakes and doing naughty things during some of the more “lively” birthday celebrations. (at this point I want to take the opportunity to thank our school for playing host to what I call our “expressions of youth” and also our compulsive DOTA “stress-relief” sessions in the labs, and my memorable time with Ming at FSRC – the Fun Session and Recreation-resource Centre)

The 2008 Awards Ceremony

I truly believe the many projects we did together – devoid of serious conflicts – is worthy of an award – the Most-fun-and-slack-but-still-get-things-done Award. My congratulations to all award winners – Jaron, Ming, JJ and Kai.

And the Best Tour Guide of the Year award – awarded only once every 3 years – goes to JJ during the Taiwan trip for his efforts in making our trip an unforgettable experience.

Finally, true friends are a rarity and unfortunately can neither be bought with money nor coerced into. I highly doubt I will make many more such friends in future throughout my lifetime. Therefore, in recognition of their outstanding efforts - Kai, JJ and Ming have been hereby awarded the very prestigious Friend of the Century Award.

Once again, congratulations to all award winners – Jaron, Ming, JJ and Kai.


You guys have given me a really special sense of security – the kind where sometimes I can be childish and spoilt and be myself around you guys. (Ok if it’s not just sometimes then I seek your understanding and forgiveness)

Life is short.
Youth is fleeting.
Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks to you three- Kai, Ming and JJ, the past 3 years have so been full of fun – be it going out, studying together before the exams or doing naughty/childish/stupid (but fun) things in school. Thank you all for the absolutely wonderful time I had.

I will never forget what you all have done for me – always being there for me and all. I cannot predict the future, but wherever I may be, you three will always have a special place in my heart as long as I have a heartbeat.

My wish for all of us, including myself, is that in the pursuit of success in life – however you define it – you will not lose sight of what is truly important – family, friends and your future wife – for one day you may realize that it’s all you need in life.

You only have ONE chance at life. Live it to the fullest!

Chire, Senbonzakura! May our friendship be as beautiful as one thousand cherry blossoms!

Jaron

Anonymous said...

I thk words wont be enough to express myself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4IehFmTxeI